Monday, October 1, 2012

0 – Prologue

An explanation is in order.

I moved to Boston about a month ago.  It's a thousand miles from Atlanta, making it at least that far from family and friends.  In some ways it's farther than that.

How can I keep close to those I love?  How can they be introduced to New England, and perhaps persuaded to visit?  I don't Facebook, because I feel it's too superficial; a substitute for real personal contact.  I do like telling stories and writing -- traits "the older generation" have cherished since time began, I suppose.

Yeah!  That's the ticket:  I'll write stories about my life in The Land of Red Sox, enhance them a bit for excitement and readability, and post them as a blog! 

[Note to Mom: Remember, they've been "enhanced a bit for excitement and readability".  I'm still a very well-behaved boy.]


No comments:

Post a Comment